Tuesday, September 1, 2009

good ol fashion walking

it's a beautiful, coolish morning here in the south, so i headed out for a good ol fashion walk...

no 'bose' headphones attached to a fancy i-pod. nope.

no cell phone.

nope.

not even sporting a watch!

just walkin "old style"!

and boy did i feel naked!!

not so much naked really, more vulnerable, i guess.

good thing is...

3 out of the 4 other walkers i encountered were on the phone , so if i needed to make some kind of emergency like "what's for dinner" call (cause my hubby does all the cookin)... i could have borrowed one. phew!

these chics weren't just sporting phones, but they were ON the phone.

who are they talking to at 8 in the morning?


they must be really important people?


the fourth walker, she was very friendly and we chatted about her tiny puppy doing his morning "poop dance".

apparently, this little breed of dog circles in a counter-clock-wise circular fashion...before she drops her poopies.

"they all do this...everyone in this breed."

interesting..............

and cute, as far as poop dances go.



yes..

a good ol fashion walk.

try it.

and here is some really exciting news..........

see how unfocused my photo is?

that's because my Lumix digital camera does NOT have manual focus.........

and although this baby has taken some fantastic shots (everyone that you've seen here on my blog...)


it's time to UPGRADE!!!!!


yippie-skippie!!

tomorrow the u.p.s. dude will be delivering my new 35mm SLR camera!!!!!!!!!


i am so excited and of course a little nervous about all the new-fangledness of the new camera, but hey, i have been figuring out this blogging stuff (kinda) and the sky is the limit!!

so here's to staying "in focus"...

cause "happiness" should always be crystal clear.


4 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Yippppeeee.. Jealous
If you can get your line spacing tamed, I'm sure you can tame the camera. Actually the lumix takes pretty good shots. What camera are you getting? and how do you find someone who will cook for you? hehe Have fun tomorrow x Julie

Carole said...

I thought you always had an SLR. What kind are you getting....but I guess Julie already asked that. I have a Nikon D60 and i love it. If I can help I will. Granted I haven't figured everything out yet.
Hey how do you keep your sneakers so clean!!!lol
Carole

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh that was so funny about the phones. Mmm just in case you need to know what's for dinner, hysterical. Your right they must be super duper important :o

So exciting about your camera, looking forward to all the shots .. no pressure.
xoxo

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Oh, I go for old fashioned walks all the time, and love it. I don't even own a cell phone.