Monday, September 26, 2011

happy fall y'all!!

hey everybody!!

.......fall is officially here and it makes me so very happy! the very next day after my last post....well......i got my artsy fartsy mojo back...yay!!

.....weird how that works......and so i have painting AND gardening AND decorating here and there......pulling out some natural elements which speak to me......

more gourds, raffia, dried seed pods from my black eyed Susan's, wheat.....

a most loverly muted palette of browns and umber's and white tones....

so here are some random shots i took around the house today......

including some of the paintings i am working on.....

it helps me, to see them on the computer screen.......

tweaking will ensue...




















it seems i am settling into a once a week posting on my bloggy......

in order to spend my quality time...

and true focus...

on my art...

and love

of the great outdoors.

this mildness...in the weather....the doors and windows open....white cotton curtains swaying in the breeze....kitty's playing with the bugs on the other side of the screens....the sound of children playing outdoors.....

this...

is the pay off for the long. harsh. summer...

the reward....

THANKYOU....not taken lightly.

fall is so bittersweet and fleeting.

i want to drink in every single luscious moment.

and

have fun

playing.

mmm

mmm

i hope you are playing too?.

21 comments:

Olive said...

Erin once a week is good enough to get to see your art. The horse paintings are so pretty. I blog just twice a week because life is more than computing and I putter around outside and inside too. olive

KarenB said...

Very, very pretty! So happy you got new inspiration. I love the little raffia tassels and the big tub of gourds. I definitely need more of those. It's a little challenge to decorate here because there's more places to decorate and I'm using some items already. I went to the farmer's market Saturday to buy more gourds, but there weren't many, only ones made into bird houses. But, I bought lots of good food! Have fun enjoying your peaceful days!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

ooo I am sooo glad your artsy fartsy mojo has returned. First I saw your kitty at the screen door below....what a glorious shot then I see your new banner with the white pumpkins....marvelous,,,,,then I read the latest post. Lovely and inspiring, thank you so much:)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Glad you got your mojo back. You are to talented to stop now.
Is this weather not wonderful !
Enjoy your evening.

marĂ­a cecilia said...

Erin, I´m so in loooooove with your horse paintings.... wow!!!!
hugs dear

Debra@CommonGround said...

Erin, your dreamy paintings are worth admission over here. Always love coming to see what you're doing! Love your photos of the natural elements. enjoy your beautiful Fall. xxoo

oldgreymare said...

Still waiting for fall over here to your left. Until then I will hang here and enjoy the "fallness" and tap my foot to the tunes.
Dreamy paintings..the mojo is working fine and dandy<3 love em
xxx
z

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Thank you for the beautiful images, both painted and from behind the camera lens! Enjoy the fleeting fall weather. I have a day off tomorrow and plan to do just that.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Erin
You have no idea how your art touches me. Your colors are so soft and have a ~quite feel~. When I look at your paintings it calms my heart.. I just adore your horses, although I love all your art..
Enjoy your beautiful weather.. I am still waiting over here..
See you next week
Blessings,
Penny

koralee said...

Such beauty over here..love your fall banner my friend...pure joy. xoxo HUGS

Tricia said...

Oh, Erin, I'm so in love with your horse paintings. I've always had a thing for horses and your art captures their beauty so wonderfully. Hope you're having a good week :)

It's me said...

Wowwww...your paintings are beautiful !!!....love from me...xxx....i also blog two times a week...and sometimes once....do not worrie about that darling....xxx..

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH HOW YOU CAPTURE BEAUTY! Horses, chippy white, twigs....that is all for me! I WANT A HORSE PAINTING!!!!! Have a fun time doing art my dear; I am so busy with my teaching that I cannot find the time now to even read poetry. Oh well, gotta work!

ENJOY! Anita

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your paintings are lovely.

Your home decorating wonderfully inspiring.

FlowerLady

michelle said...

So beautiful Erin. I am so glad that you got your mojo back and are spending your days doing what you love and enjoying this wonderful season. Enjoy all it has to offer.
xoxo

Hilda R.B said...

Beautiful series. Great job!

Gerry Snape said...

Amazing pics as usual...so glad you found your mojo! we can't do without it. Thankyou!

Carole said...

Wow fabulous Erin. I feel like I can picture you dancing around to this music as you decorate the house. barefoot of course!

happy days ahead!!!!

ok going to play too...

hugs

Donna said...

Gorgeous as always! I love the sneak peak of the painting!
I have been "playing" with my Fall items too!
Hugs,
Donna

Cindy said...

Erin, i don't know how i missed this blog post... your paintings are so so magical and beautiful! They are just amazing... Girl, you've got "IT"... !

Cindy

Cobalt Violet said...

Woman, your paintings are GORgeous. :)